From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-video/dvdrip
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:49:29
1 Another package is taking a long long way that goes out of portage.
2 I'm running out of openings for these mails, you know?
3
4 Oh well, media-video/dvdrip has many issues reported in bugzilla (some have
5 patches, most haven't), and depends on a version of transcode with many
6 issues, too (and force us to leave transcode 1 masked).
7 Nobody in video herd is looking at it right now, last bump was done by morfic,
8 and more would be needed.
9
10 Alternative dvd-ripping software is present in portage, starting from mencoder
11 and its frontends, and they usually works better (look at winki for example).
12
13 For this reason, I'm package.masking dvdrip and pending removal 2 weeks from
14 now.
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
18 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE