From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: systemd-next.eclass
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:15:08
1 On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > I am sending this out for review so we can commit it to the tree
3 > when we commit our alternate systemd ebuild in a few days. This will be
4 > set up so that users can choose which systemd package they want to
5 > install, and it will default to the current systemd package.
6
7 Did I miss some kind of announcement for what is going on here? An
8 additional implementation in portage along with an eclass probably is
9 worth some kind of intro on-list. I don't think you need to seek
10 approval/etc, but it would be nice to know what your goals/etc are.
11 Is this just a different installation/configuration approach, or is
12 this some kind of upstream fork?
13
14 Rich