From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 46: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:34:35
1 On Jan 19, 2008 4:24 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Jan 19, 2008 2:07 PM, Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Your oppinion?
4 >
5 > Would this be the right time to discuss about moving other variables
6 > to metadata.xml ? How about HOMEPAGE, DESCRIPTION and LICENSE ? Those
7 > hardly change and if they ever do we can restrict them to specific
8 > versions. I know there could be technical hurdles, but what do you
9 > think of the idea at least ?
12 I'm not sure about HOMEPAGE and DESCRIPTION, but I think LICENSE
13 should be per-ebuild variable. A license change is not so strange
14 (GPL-3, double licensing the source, or adding new artwork licensed
15 with a more restrictive license). Moreover, a license change does not
16 need to be retroactive, so using a global variable in metadata.xml
17 could lead to accidentally show a wrong license for old versions.
20 Santiago M. Mola
21 Jabber ID: cooldwind@×××××.com