From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python-exec2 C wrapper is looking for a new name!
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:14:08
1 On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 12:32:38 -0800
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 14:53:52 -0500
5 > Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > On 09/02/16 02:51 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
8 > > > Hello, everyone.
9 > > >
10 > > > After all those boring, meaningless and violent mailing list
11 > > > threads, here's something nice and simple. I'd like to find a new
12 > > > nice name for the C wrapper part of python-exec2, and I would like
13 > > > to ask you for ideas.
14 > > >
15 > > > For some explanation, python-exec2 consists of two wrappers. One
16 > > > of them is the 'core' C wrapper that does most of the work. The
17 > > > other is a Python script with special shebang that is used to keep
18 > > > 'python /usr/bin/foo' working while deferring direct executions to
19 > > > the C wrapper.
20 > > >
21 > > > The Python wrapper is installed
22 > > > as /usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2 and this can't change since
23 > > > everything is symlinked to it. The C wrapper is named
24 > > > python-exec2-c (which is an ugly name), and since it's used only
25 > > > internally, I can safely change its name to something nicer.
26 > > >
27 > > > Any ideas? If possible, I'd like to avoid ambiguity between the
28 > > > two wrappers, so the C counterpart would have to be highlighted
29 > > > somehow.
30 > >
31 > > python-exec-cwrapper ?
34 > NO, No, you mistyped it...
35 >
36 > python-exec-crapper
37 >
38 > :O
41 Sorry Michał, but Ian inadvertently set that one up to nicely to avoid a
42 little humour injection.
43
44 But for a real answer
45
46 perhaps: python-cexec
47
48 it's much simpler, less likely to get bastardized like I did above.
49 --
50 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>