From: Jason Smathers <jsin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting rid of lurking no* USE flags - profile-based package.use
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:56:36
1 On 10/2/07, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Guys,
4 >
5 > Before dberholz complains about my next commit, given that we have
6 > support in profiles for package.use, how soon can we start to use it to
7 > replace the old crufty no* flags (particularly ones that are critical to
8 > a system).
11 I like the default use flag solution, which seems to be introduced with
12 portage 2.1.2. This way you can replace nofoo with foo and
13 IUSE="+foo" if you want it to default on.
14
15 When will the portage 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 ebuilds will be dropped?
16
17 With either solution, when updating existing ebuilds, how do you alert
18 users that they must change use flag nofoo to -foo if they want to
19 maintain nofoo functionality?
20
21 Regards,
22 Jason Smathers