From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild creation assistance...
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 19:48:42
1 John David Ratliff said:
2 > I want to create an ebuild for a software package, but I am confused on
3 > the directions. The ebuild HOWTO tells me to checkout portage from CVS,
4 > however, it lists no CVS server or what kind of authentication to use.
5 > Is this restricted to 'official' developers? If so, can I still create
6 > and submit an ebuild? If not, what is the CVSROOT setting so I can
7 > checkout portage?
8 >
9 > I also need to add the software to the gentoo mirrors. I read in one of
10 > the HOWTOs that cvs snapshots could be added to the mirror. This is
11 > similar, except they use the same filename for every new version, so
12 > there is no way to know which version you are downloading from their
13 > site. Additionally, each new version requires different a specific
14 > version of another package to be downloaded, so it is crucial that the
15 > version of the original package is known. So I thought maybe I could add
16 > this with a version number to the gentoo mirror.
17 >
18 > Finally, I am unsure where in portage it should be added. It is a
19 > cross-compiler for C into native binaries for a specific kind of
20 > calculator. The software is a modified version of GCC and binutils.
21 >
22 > Thanks...
23
24 im gonna take a guess that since hes posted here:
25 http://smallurl.com?i=11612 the linux maintainer of tigcc is probly a
26 gentooian also, maybe you can get in contact with him over help with
27 naming the ebuild or maintaining it
31 Joe Booker
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list