From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 08:40:38
1 On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 10:14:18 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:03:07 -0400
5 > Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > If this is what's holding up a tinderbox run, add me to the bug
8 > > template as a CC and I'll personally download and attach every log
9 > > to bugzilla.
10 >
11 > If the bugzilla API allows it, a very simple script should be able to
12 > do this, including compression.
13
14 That said, having people{who?}[1] resolve those bugs as NEEDINFO is
15 pretty silly. The only point in requiring attached build logs is to
16 make sure we don't depend on resources beyond the project's control[2].
17 Clearly those tinderbox build logs already meet that requirement and
18 should be allowed.
21 jer
24 [1] Oh wait, no, I think I know this one. You should be ashamed.
25 [2] To make it even more silly, you could put those in
26 dev.gentoo.org/~${USER}/public_html and nothing would really
27 change. Or assign a Gentoo controlled domain name to that Amazon
28 thingy and nothing would really change.