From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Mass last-riting of x86-but-not-amd64 packages
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 07:50:37
1 On Sat, 2019-08-31 at 21:56 +0100, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 10:03:47 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > dev-games/flinker
6 >
7 > This builds and starts on amd64 but I'm dubious about whether it would
8 > work correctly in practise. I don't imagine anyone will want to use it.
9 > Best just let it die.
10 >
11 > > dev-games/gtkradiant
12 >
13 > This has been superseded a few times over and the current fork is
14 > NetRadiant-custom. There is an open bug about the older NetRadiant but
15 > I only dabbled in Quake mapping so never cared enough.
16 >
17 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/352981
18 >
19 > > dev-games/hlsdk
20 >
21 > This is a remnant of the Half-Life server stuff that vapier removed in
22 > 2005 with the message "valve sucks at linux". I could say more about it
23 > but nobody cares.
24
25 Thanks, I have sent last rites for those three.
28 > > games-action/battalion
29 > > games-action/fakk2
30 > > games-action/postalplus
31 > > games-arcade/epiar
32 > > games-arcade/gunocide2ex
33 > > games-emulation/mekanix
34 > > games-fps/aaut
35 > > games-fps/industri
36 > > games-fps/red-blue-quake2
37 > > games-fps/tenebrae
38 > > games-fps/tribes2
39 > > games-fps/unreal-tournament-strikeforce
40 > > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-cm
41 > > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-de
42 > > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-epic
43 > > games-fps/wolfgl
44 > > games-misc/c++robots
45 > > games-roguelike/hengband
46 > > games-server/bf1942-lnxded
47 > > games-server/mtavc
48 > > games-strategy/mindrover-demo
49 > > games-strategy/netpanzer
50 >
51 > I'll try to look through some of these. I still care about UT and even
52 > worked on (but didn't finish) a new UT99 ebuild not so long ago.
53 > Unfortunately it's never been a top priority.
54
55 Cool. Feel free to either last rite those you don't think useful,
56 or ping me to take care of them.
59 > > sys-fs/atari-fdisk
60 >
61 > This is still usable on m68k, which is the Atari's own architecture.
62 > The code assumes 32-bit longs so it won't work on 64-bit but it
63 > probably wouldn't be that hard to fix if someone cared enough. I'm
64 > interested in m68k but for the Amiga rather than the Atari. I'm not
65 > sure how useful this is in practise. On the Amiga, I would still use
66 > the AmigaOS partitioning tool over something like this. There is no
67 > replacement for the Atari on Linux as far as I can see though so I
68 > think it should stay.
69
70 Ok, will remove from the list.
73 Best regards,