From: Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Project Proposal: User Tools
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:25:15
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Yesterday I began work on a GTK version of the tool guitooEtcetera[1]
4 which is in early alpha stages. gEtcetera[2] (my GTK version) and
5 guitooEtcetera are GUI tools for updating CONFIG_PROTECTed directories.
6 A simplified etc-update is near the top of many users wish list, hence
7 the creation of these tools.
8
9 I propose a project that aims to turn aspects of Gentoos operation into
10 GUI applications.
11 Including, but not limited to:
12 etc-update
13 portage (A complete and finished tool this time)
14 rc
15
16 The project team would aim to provide GTK and Qt based versions of each
17 tool.
18
19 Having users use tools developed by us(Gentoo), we will be able to apply
20 a certain level of QA and consistency.
21
22 So please, bring on the feedback!
25 [1]: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=103540
26 [2]: http://emu.gentoo.org/~port001/Images/gEtcetera.png