From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributors
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:47:28
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Stefan Schweizer wrote:
3 >>> they are not defined by their status. I wonder why this word is causing
4 >>> problems ..
5 >>>
6 >>> The status is maybe being an arch tester. This GLEP is not about status,
7 >>> only about giving some people bugzilla access when needed.
8 >>>
9 >>> -stefan
10 >
11 > Because as much as possible, we need to see something concrete, not "maybe an
12 > arch tester." We need to have a better definition of what "when needed is" and
13 > who these "some people" are -- think about it. Do we want a system that works
14 > like devship, but only halfway -- like you suggested, just passing the ebuild
15 > quiz -- or is something more needed?
16
17 These "some people" are people that I deem fit to help on bugzilla for a
18 project for which I am lead (or have the leads approval). "When needed"
19 is when I think I need people for my project. Concrete enough for you?
20
21 Heck my project has 3 non-developer "contributors" right now[1].
22 Do they have bugs access yet? I don't think so; but I don't think they
23 will need it either. Then again, afaik all 3 are either AT's or are
24 becoming devs soon ;)
25
26 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/
27 --