From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Regarding "consolekit" meaning in some ebuilds
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 07:54:27
1 El lun, 19-08-2013 a las 10:30 -0400, Ian Stakenvicius escribió:
2 > On 19/08/13 08:49 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > I have seen some ebuilds (just seen bluez one) that are using
4 > > "consolekit" USE flag to not force plugdev group usage (as it's not
5 > > used on consolekit/logind setups). The problem is that this is
6 > > common with systemd/logind then, people merging bluez, will want
7 > > this "consolekit" USE flag enabled.
8 > >
9 > > Should we have a more generic USE flag for covering
10 > > consolekit/logind? Should we use a USE flag for plugdev group usage
11 > > (since most users will be using either consolekit or systemd)?
12 > >
13 > > Thanks for your help
17 > For this particular case, and just looking at the package itself, it
18 > seems to make sense to reverse the flag -- have a USE="plugdev" for
19 > plugdev group install and otherwise don't (for consolekit/systemd
20 > support).
21 >
22 > Of course, managing this via default profiles makes things a bit more
23 > difficult since desktop/ isn't auto-enabling a flag anymore. Does the
24 > 'consolekit' flag just stop plugdev-group usage or does it also set a
25 > ./configure option for alternative code? If the latter, perhaps a
26 > second use flag 'logind' would be useful and then both flags can
27 > disable plugdev-group (and the logind one obviously won't configure
28 > bluez for CK)
31 It's the first case: it drops plugdev group usage