From: Kevin <gentoo-dev@××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making new ebuild for cyrus-imapd-2.2.5 (current stable sources)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:00:13
1 On Sunday 13 June 2004 03:54, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 June 2004 02:24, Kevin wrote:
3 > > Hi All-
4 > >
5 > > I'm trying to write a new ebuild script for cyrus-imapd-2.2.5
6 > > (which is the most current version of the stable source branch).
7 > > I'm basing it on the ebuild script in portage for cyrus-imapd-2.2.3
8 > > which was apparently considered a beta level package and is thus
9 > > masked in the masked.packages file.
10 <snip>
11 >
12 > Probably the script is for a different version of autoconf. Try to
13 > read the original configure file (before it is deleted/changed) and
14 > look which version was used to create it. Then force it such a way
15 > that a version similar to that is used. (WANT_AUTOCONF=2.1 for
16 > example)
17 >
18 > Paul
19
20 Thanks for your reply, Paul, but that wasn't the problem. I got help on
21 the autoconf mailing list (see thread at
22 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2004-06/msg00043.html).
23
24 2.2.3->2.2.5 ebuild patch attached to this message. I hard-coded
25 (didn't see another way to do it) some configure options that were
26 important to me that others may wish to exclude.
27
28 Hope this helps some folks. Thanks to everyone on this list who've been
29 so helpful to me.
30
31 -Kevin

cyrus-ebuild.patch text/x-diff