From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Ebuild license question
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:21:10
1 On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 01:01:18PM -0700, Robin H.Johnson wrote:
2 > [copied to -core because of license stuff, please reply on -dev]
3 >
4 > I'm putting together an ebuild for libcap (bug #2333), and I ran into
5 > something in the tree.
6 >
7 > The license included with it wasn't one I had seen myself before so I
8 > was checking if it was in $PORTAGE/licenses. I see that all of libcap,
9 > PAM and PWDB have identical licenses (except for the same of the
10 > package).
11 >
12 > The license in question seems to a dual BSD/GPL license.
13 >
14 > Instead of creating a new libcap license file, I think we should
15 > abstract the package name in PAM/PWDB and point all 3 items to this.
16 > Possible name is $PORTAGE/licenses/BSD_GPL
17 >
18 > Comments/For/Against/Flames?
21 Dual licenses are usually done like:
22