From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of bugs blocking gcc-4.8.3
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:10:01
1 > Not sure if the llvm C++ runtime might help here or it is any better
2 > than the one provided by gnu, but might be a good time to gather
3 > volunteers to provide a mean to use clang as main compiler out of box.
4
5 libc++ makes stricter ABI guarantees [1]. But from personal experience I
6 would not consider it a replacement for libstdc++ in the near future.
7
8 I have set up some lxc containers with clang/libc++ with promising
9 results (and I plan to keep up testing with it once in a while).
10
11 Best,
12 Matthias
13