From: Benjamin Wirtz <benjamin.wirtz@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:35:30
1 Hi, wats about a Gentoo Linux Installer.
2
3 I think that Gentoo is one of the best Linux ditris. And the Portage - System
4 is the best Packeg - System. So i am new to Gentoo and made an stage 3
5 installation with GRP! Nice Than I emerged rsync and step by step the hole
6 system ( emerge world ). Its a good feeling wen you install Gentoo for the
7 first time And it works verry fine.
8
9 So wats at the netx time? Now i have learnd how it works. and i wont install
10 it every time from scratch. (36h until it works with kde etc.)
11 So why not an Gentoo Linux Installer!
12 So that you can use an stage 3 + GRP packages + an Installer an setup your
13 system easy within one hour. I think that is an nice feature. Which "CAN" be
14 used! Because its Linux and it's FREE like in FREEDOM
17 Perhaps the ANACONDA - Installer can be ported for Gentoo. I know that there
18 are another threads with this topic. But wats the current status of thinking
19 or making something like that?
20
21 Is ther anyone working produktiv on thomething like that?
22 (Please don't make an flamewar because I don't make it too)
23
24 (excuse me for my bad english)
25 MFG
26