From: John Helmert III <ajak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Create an index for all qa notices
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 18:57:17
1 On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 08:42:39PM +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I noticed that we have many people that, after received a bug report, ask for what the
5 > reported 'qa notice' means.
6 >
7 > Sometimes there is a tracker and people can take an hint from the resolved bugs but
8 > when there aren't a lot of info I feel they are a bit lost.
9
10 Somewhat orthogonally, it would be a great help to include common
11 causes, solutions, and reproduction instructions directly in the bug
12 reports and/or trackers.
13
14 > Today, by pure chance, I stumbled upon the "Rust Compiler Error Index" and I thought:
15 > why we don't do the same thing with our qa notices?
16 >
17 > I think that devmanual could be the right place and each QA notice should have an
18 > 'identification code'.
19 > In that way we can link the error in the qa notice like:
20 >
21 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/appendices/qa-notices/qa0001[1]
22 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/appendices/qa-notices/qa0002[2]
23 >