From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (FS) Attributes for Ebuilds?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:26:07
1 On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 05:17:38 -0400
2 Evan Powers <powers.161@×××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > If you haven't already, you should read Hans Reiser's Future Visions
5 > document, here:
6 >
7 > http://www.namesys.com/whitepaper.html
8
9 I bookmarked the page once, but actually haven't read it up until now.
10 But judging from your summary I'll catch up on that one soon.
11
12 > Regardless, while I very much like your idea on principle, I do think
13 > it's an idea whose time has not yet come. That doesn't mean we can't
14 > think about how to do it when it's time does come, however. ;-)
15
16 That's actually the same answer George gave and which I expected.
17
18 And here for some off-topic: I started on writing a little document
19 about Portage for myself, containing the most often heard proposals
20 (like a database backend, p2p/bittorrent support etc.) and concerns
21 (security, naming conflicts). If anyone else would find this useful
22 (also I'm pretty sure Nick has most of the stuff already somewhere on
23 his agenda), I could "polish" it and but it up on the new Wiki (Zach?).
24 I don't really know if this could be useful for anybody, but if you
25 think so let me know.
26
27 Michael
30 www.cargal.org
31 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
32 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
33 Registered Linux User #278726