From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:53:14
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Arguably no bug is invalid in the normal sense - if someone raises an
5 >> issue, they have an issue, regardless what we think of it. To that
6 >> end I'd like to propose bugzilla be reconfigured to use the phrase
7 >> "NOCHANGE" instead of "INVALID". NOCHANGE would indicate that
8 >> whatever the original issue, no change is needed on our part to
9 >> resolve the issue.
10 >
11 > _If_ it's changed then please to something else, NOCHANGE would overlap
12 > with other values (WONTFIX, CANTFIX, WORKSFORME) and isn't that obvious
13 > to me at least. A fake resolution that's mentioned on IRC from time to
14 > time is NOTABUG which would fit better here.
15
16 I like freedesktop.org's bugzilla, which has INVALID, NOTABUG and
17 NOTOURBUG. ;) But yeah, NOTABUG is used by a few different projects and
18 seems to work.
22 where to now? if i had to guess
23 dirtyepic gentoo org i'm afraid to say antarctica's next
24 9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3 5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list