From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install Problem on Laptop
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:59:02
1 Gabriel Emerson wrote:
2
3 > Using the latest iso image (1.0rc3), the kernel boots, and then I get
4 > the following lines, after which there is no further activity and the
5 > cd-rom drive spins down:
8 Hmm, rc3 was optimized for i686 systems, and uses instructions that do
9 not run on an
10 K6. The next prerelaese will be available for i486,i586 and i686
11 systems.
12
13 Bye Achim
16 > Remounting root fs read-write...
17 > Let's begin...
18 >
19 > Mounting /proc...
20 > Trying /dev/hdc...
21 > CD found...
22 > Associating loopback CD-ROM filesystem...
23 > Success!
24 > Success /dev/loop0!
25 > Root changed ...
26 >
27 > --end output
28 >
29 > The system in question is a Compaq Presario 1247, with a 400MHz AMD
30 > K6-2, and 96M of RAM, and
31 > 20G IDE. Tried booting with and without my Linksys Etherfast 10/100
32 > PCMCIA card.
33 > Previous kernels in the 2.4test series have worked on this machine.
34 >
35 > --Gabriel
37 > gentoo-dev mailing list
38 > gentoo-dev@g.o