From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-info.eclass and $CONFIG_CHECK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:26:20
1 On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 16:57 +0300, Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 > >CONFIG_PPP is *not* required to build ppp, so it shouldn't be in the
5 > >ebuild as a requirement.
9 > I agree with this statement but I also see the warning as a must.
10 > user should be warned that its kernel does not support CONFIG_PPP or,
11 > depending on activefilter flag, CONFIG_PPP_FILTER.
12
13 I see absolutely no problem with that, so long as it is a warning.
14
15 I mean, you can make it beep, pause, display in flashing red lights and
16 email root@localhost about it for all I care, but it shouldn't *die* on
17 something that isn't a requirement.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead