From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HPT366 Drivers in install kernel?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:03:27
1 Steven Stillaway wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am looking at installing gentoo. I want to try and install it on a
6 > machine with the root partition on a disk using the HPT366 controller.
7 >
8 > Do you have the drivers for this compiled into your default install
9 > kernel?
10
11 Is this an scsi controller? We compiled in scsi-support for
12 adaptec/symbios/ncr controllers. All other
13 controllers are avaliable as modules.
14 So typing modprob [HPT366 controler module] should work.
15 After you have configured everything as described in the install-guide, copy
16 the linux-sources-2.4.1-_pre8.tbz2 to your root disk. Chroot to that
17 partition, install the kernel package ( ">pkgmerge
18 linux-sources-2.4.1_pre8.tbz2"),
19 cd to /usr/src/linux , build and install your kernel. Leave the chrooted
20 environment and configure the bootmanager.
21
22 achim~
26 > This would make life easy, but if not then I can do an existing install on
27 > that partition and then upgrade to gentoo.
28 >
30 > Steven Stillaway
31 > steve@×××××××××.net
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list