From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: Julien Herfurth <jherfurth@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maybe it is time to put portage queries into a database.
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:48:38
1 On 25 Jun 2003 00:52:42 +0200
2 Julien Herfurth <jherfurth@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 00:16, jesse wrote:
5 > > I would say options, tools and the ability to do this sorta stuff should
6 > > be optional. I don't wan't to have to run mysql on my laptop however
7 > > having portage db in a dbfile would be handy. On the other hand i run 8
8 > > machines in my house on Gentoo, and having each machines info and db's
9 > > in my mysql server here would be a great boon ( already using local
10 > > syncing and nfs mounted dist dirs)
11 > >
12 > > using DBI this could make it pretty easy to support
13 > > mysql/postrgesql/dbfiles. Isn't there already a project out there doin
14 > > somthing with mysql ?
15 >
16 > see also sqlite
17
18 isn't db a system lib .. and installed on every machine ?
19
20 can't you just use that ?
23 Henti Smith
24 bain@×××××××.za