From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Addition of a new field <remote-id type="debian"> to metadata.xml
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:00:20
1 On 01.06.2017 23:18, Jonas Stein wrote:
2 > 2. Specification
3 > ================
4 > A space separated list of the corresponding debian packages should be
5 > written in the field
6 > <remote-id type="debian"> </remote-id>
7 >
8 > It should be NONE, if debian has no corresponding package.
9 > UNSET or no field, if the creator of the ebuild did not set the field (yet).
10
11 Please pick NONE or require absence eventually, but not multiple
12 options. Else we're asking for inconsistent data from the beginning.
15 > example:
16 > app-arch/tar/metadata.xml
17 > <remote-id type="debian">tar</remote-id>
18 >
19 > app-office/libreoffice-bin/metadata.xml
20 > <remote-id type="debian">libreoffice libreoffice-base libreoffice-base
21 > libreoffice-dev libreoffice-dmaths libreoffice-draw
22 > libreoffice-evolution libreoffice-impress</remote-id>
23
24 Since the difference between source and binary packages has already been
25 brought up, please adjust "<remote-id type="debian">" some way to
26 indicating if the text content is a source or a binary package (even if
27 we don't end up supporting both) to be 100% clear. Otherwise people
28 will mix it up, and may not even notice.
29
30 Best
34 Sebastian