From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:09:15
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 21:56:10 +0100 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> wrote:
2 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 | > Adding a new profile doesn't affect Portage unless Portage is told
4 | > to use that profile. And anyone telling Portage to use *any* invalid
5 | > profile is going to be in for a shock.
6 |
7 | I was more thinking along the lines of that there might be a lot of
8 | confusion if Paludis and Portage have varying feature sets, and do
9 | not maintain total ebuild compatibility both ways. We all know how
10 | keen our users are to try new stuff...
11
12 A large part of why Paludis exists is because I and several others were
13 sick of waiting for three years for Portage to provide certain basic
14 features.
17 Ciaran McCreesh
18 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list