From: James M Long <jlong@××××××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS ebuild's and Portage possibilities
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:45:17
1 I for one have been thinking about that very thing and have been trying to get a better understanding of the ebuild/Portage system as it is now. The CVS software idea is a good one to try, but maybe it can be done with incoming, like other software that is normally not ready for prime time.(at least in Gentoo).
2 Specifically for e17... this will be a rather large project in itself, since the specs, libs and even apps seem to be in constant flux. I think it would be interesting to see if the smaller apps can be maintained with their releases, I am going to try to write the ebuilds necessary to do Entice.. Rasterman's newest image viewer, this will use alot of the base libs and apps from e17. Maybe it is something that can be built upon. Eventually I see that e17 will have to be looked at like KDE or GNOME. Anyway, I think I need to get some sleep... rambling now :)
3
4 James...
5
6 On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:55:49 +0800