From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] making rust-bin ordered first in virtual/rust
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:20:26
1 On 20.1.2022 23.32, Brian Evans wrote:
2 >
3 > GNOME and Mozilla products still pull in spidermonkey but other users
4 > will have a much reduced requirement for rust.
7 While Firefox and Thunderbird contain a js engine, no mozilla product
8 depends externally on spidermonkey. I was wondering recently why mozilla
9 project maintains it and not Gnome or Freedesktop, but I guess it's
10 because of the similarities shared by the ebuilds between firefox,
11 thunderbird and spidermonkey.
12
13 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature