From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation (was: Project Sunrise resumed)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:48:05
1 On Sunday 30 July 2006 23:32, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > - first for my systems - are that it is allowing essentially anybody to
3 > submit almost anything with no QA.
4
5 no, read the FAQ
6 http://www.gentoo-sunrise.org/sunrise/wiki/SunriseFaq#Howareyouensuringthatthereisnob0rken/maliciuscodegettingintotheoverlay
7
8 > - for users - is that since it's officially supported they will expect
9 > things to work and when they don't  - as they will not - Gentoo's
10 > reputation will suffer.
11
12 i wont try and guess at what users will expect ... you can document everything
13 and still there will be people who wont read them
14 -mike