From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 (News) revisited
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:53:20
1 On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:26:18 -0400 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I have no problem with basically writing up 'fake' portageq calls.
4 | However often people tell me overlays are important, they don't serve
5 | as multipile repos and don't have metadata/news, so they are excluded
6 | in this specification (intentially?). Portage doesn't do multiple
7 | repo's so any repo-related call will be a 'fake' one, that just
8 | returns the expected data, unless someone has a better method (looks
9 | at other portage devs).
10
11 The reason all that stuff is there is because a certain former Portage
12 developer refused to let the GLEP through unless it had it... You
13 should take a look back at the dozens of emails he sent demanding its
14 addition to see the rationale.
15
16 | I would prefer to hear arguments about whether news items should be
17 | posted to announce or to a seperate ML. I would also like to see
18 | integration via a "news" link on p.g.o. I would be willing to assist
19 | in the latter.
20
21 Those kinds of things were beyond the scope of the GLEP, other than
22 that the GLEP is specifically designed to make implementing them easy.
25 Ciaran McCreesh
26 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list