From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Best way to add new users in an ebuild?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:19:08
1 On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 11:25, Lisa Marie Seelye wrote:
2 > enewuser, source in /usr/lib/portage/bin/extra_functions.sh Along with
3 > enewgroup.
4
5 enewuser has been added to portage itself? What version was it added
6 in? I have it on my system (portage-2.0.48-r5) and didn't even know it!
7
8 What versions of portage might still be in use that require the
9 functions in eutils? Can we remove the "inherit eutils" from any ebuild
10 which uses these (and no other eutils functions)?
11
12 This isn't directed at you, Lisa, but rather the list in general.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Developer, Gentoo Linux
17 Games Team
18