From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Optimizing toe stepping
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 22:06:45
1 On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 5:36 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:14:56 AM EDT William Hubbs wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I am also in favor of the metadata approach.
6 >
7 > Also it may start inching things towards restricting areas of the tree to said
8 > members of teams etc. Which starts to go in the opposite direction of Gentoo's
9 > roots of wide open access.
10
11 Actually, the default right now is somewhat restrictive. I advocate
12 this mainly because it will probably tend to open things up. By
13 default today you aren't supposed to just go touching things without
14 pinging somebody, and that is probably a reasonable default, but
15 having an easy way to open things up where it makes sense is a good
16 idea.
19 Rich