From: Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: adding GOPATH to ENV_UNSET in base profile
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 14:31:34
1 On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 9:06 PM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > All,
4 >
5 > The GOPATH variable has similar issues to GOBIN [1], so I would like to
6 > add it along side GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in the base profile.
7 >
8 > The message link below is only there for reference, but I see ebuilds
9 > unsetting GOPATH in the tree and this would take care of it across all
10 > of the tree.
11 >
12 > Thoughts?
15 We need this. Anyone developing go software with GOPATH explicitly set will
16 hit issues like this when installing a package using go-module.eclass, at
17 least:
18
19 verifying github.com/mitchellh/go-homedir@v1.1.0: open
20 /home/rafael/dev/git/go/pkg/mod/cache/download/
21 github.com/mitchellh/go-homedir/@v/v1.1.0.ziphash: permission denied
24 > Thanks,
25 >
26 > William