From: Bruno <bonbons67@××××××××.lu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-1.13 going into ~ARCH soon
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:21:34
1 On Monday 06 November 2006 17:53, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > ...
3 >
4 > However, one issue is a concern. All baselayouts defined svcdir
5 > in /etc/conf.d/rc which defines where we hold the state information of the
6 > running services. This defaulted to /var/lib/init.d - which is bad as /var
7 > could be on a different partition.
8 >
9 > In 1.13, we've removed the variable from /etc/conf.d/rc and it's now forced
10 > to /lib/rcscripts/init.d which is safe as /lib is always on the same
11 > partition as /. The 1.13 ebuild will copy across existing state data, this
12 > is not the problem. However, downgrading back to 1.12 is a problem as
13 > services may have been stop, started etc in the middle.
14 >
15 > ...
16 How is the case where the / partition always remains ro handled? Is rc-state
17 information put into a tmpfs partition on that location, is the location
18 configured differently for those?
19
20 Bruno
21 --