From: Andrew Ross <aross@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-db/mysqlcc removal
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:27:08
1 On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 19:08, Tom Payne wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:47:15PM +1000, Andrew Ross wrote:
3 > > If you're going to remove MySQL Control Center, I don't suppose you
4 > > could provide an ebuild for its replacement - MySQL Administrator
5 > > (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/administrator/)?
6 >
7 > Have you tried phpMyAdmin?
8 >
9 > emerge phpmyadmin
10 >
11 > It's a rather excellent webapp for managing MySQL. Needs apache+php.
12
13 Thanks Tom, but I'm specifically trying to avoid web-based apps and
14 their (obvious) dependency on a webserver. I need a stand-alone app I
15 can use from my laptop to manage a number of unrelated databases at
16 various locations.
17
18 Also, I really like^H^H^H^Hneed the multi-window approach of MySQL CC,
19 which is difficult to easily replicate using a web-based system.
20
21 I was going to try dev-db/mysqlnavigator, but I'm not encouraged by the
22 broken homepage, missing metadata.xml, and latest release date (March
23 10, 2003). At least the sf page still works!
24
25 Cheers
26
27 Andrew