From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /dev/shm/etc/mtab.sh: No such file or directory?
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 14:10:02
1 On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 01:45:51PM +0200, Erik Van Reeth wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have the same error here with the rc6 snapshot.
5 > It seems to be generated by the checkroot init script.
6 > A dirty fix is creating the /dev/shm/etc directory just before
7 > the first echo ... command.
8 > The mtab.sh file cannot be created because the etc subdir doesn't
9 > exist.
10 >
11 > I still in the fase of studying the init scripts, so I have no
12 > idea how to fix it in a good way.
13
14 It's very likely that you're having this problem because you haven't
15 updated your initscripts, which are protected by config file management.
16 Do this:
17
18 # cd /etc
19 # find -iname '._cfg????_*'
20
21 These are new config files that were installed. In particular, you should
22 have a new ._cfg????_checkroot file that you can copy over your existing
23 checkroot to solve the problem.
24
25 Best Regards,
28 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>