From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gsoc Idea: EeePC Script/Build
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:30:29
1 On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Aaron Lebahn <cplusplus328@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > an EeePC. This will involve creating scripts and code that will preconfigure
3 > the Gentoo instalation to be optimized for the EeePC, and to contain all of
4 > the appropriate modules and configurations to enable all hardware on the
5 > EeePC.
6 > I own an EeePC 900 with which I wil be abe to test. I am uncertain if this
7 > or something similar has been done before, or if this is an appropriate
8 > Google SOC project. Please give feedback or questions, thankyou.
9
10 wouldn't one problem with this be that different EeePC's have
11 different hardware? I believe, that your's has an atom processor while
12 older models have a celeron.
13
14 being that I'm not a gentoo dev, and although I think the project is
15 worthwhile, I personally don't see that it's a gsoc worthwhile, esp
16 since gentoo doesn't really do it for anything else. tbh, would this
17 take more than a week to do? I'm not overtly familliar with the EeePC
18 but it doesn't seem that unless you were highly un-gentoo-ing it that
19 this would be a long process, given that I believe the architecture is
20 all x86.. (maybe x86_64?)
23 Caleb Cushing
24
25 http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com