From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grub-2 configuration
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:54:11
1 On 11/10/16 15:42, Tom H wrote [excerpted]:
2 > I was sharing what I do because I've overwritten a manually-edited
3 > grub.cfg by running grub-mkconfig/grub2-mkconfig/update-grub (re
4 > grub2-mkconfig, I use grub-mkconfig on Gentoo because I set
5 > "-multislot") more than once - and I know other sysadmins who've made
6 > the same mistake.
7 >
8 > You can use exactly the same text in 40_grub that you'd use in
9 > grub.cfg and have the latter generated. I don't see why anyone would
10 > be opposed to that, unless you hate that tool - and hate's never a
11 > good rationale for an MO.
12 >
13 That's a useful tit-bit .. thanks!
14