From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LiveCD; can we remove cloop?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:39:28
1 On Thursday 28 August 2003 10:25 am, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I'm a poor student without VMWare :) If we however could get UML with cloop
3 > working, this would be great.
4
5 What's the problem with cloop? Which version of cloop are you trying to use?
6 Do you have any more information about why it doesn't work? What errors
7 occur when you try to insmod cloop? Or do the errors occur when you try to
8 mount /dev/cloop?
9
10 And what kernel have you patched to add UML into? Current implementations of
11 cloop only work with Linux 2.4.
12
13 File a bug, and assign it to me.
14
15 Best regards,
16 Stu
17 --
18 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
19 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
20 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
21 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
22
23 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
24 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
25 --