From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:28:56
1 On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 00:39 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > > Umm... So in the paragraph above, you say an EAPI-specific eclass
3 > > isn't a good idea, and here you push it as the proposed solution.
4 > > Huh? Consistency, please...
5 >
6 > Read it (and my explanation of it earlier in the thread) until you
7 > understand it. There is nothing consistent in what I'm saying.
8
9 You are *so* correct. There really is nothing consistent in your
10 replies. Rather, you've decided to pick and choose how you respond to
11 maximize insult. It's *so* much easier to simply avoid any potential
12 issues than to actually discuss them. As such, I've decided to quit
13 responding to this thread until someone who wishes to actually
14 participate in a discussion, rather than trying to "win" it comes along.
15
16 Thank you for your input and have a nice day.
17
18 > > I still think that EAPI should not be allowed to be set in an eclass
19 > > globally. All I can see is it causing problems for tons of users who
20 > > don't have a clue what is happening to their systems.
21 >
22 > EAPI *can't* be set in an eclass correctly anyway because EAPI is
23 > allowed to (and likely will in the future) change the behaviour of
24 > inherit.
25
26 ...and this proves my point. Rather than simply stating this, you
27 decided to post $diety knows how many lines of completely worthless
28 information again and again. Had you simply said *exactly this* at the
29 beginning, the thread/discussion would have been over. This is exactly
30 what people mean when they say that they feel that you are not
31 participating in discussions fairly. It's like you specifically hold
32 back information that you know and bait people into saying things simply
33 so you call put out the ace from your sleeve and point out how someone
34 else is wrong.
35
36 Yay! You "win".
39 Chris Gianelloni