From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: optinal run time dependencies
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:14:37
1 On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:03:28 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Have you seen how Exherbo solved the same problem? exheres-0 has
5 > 'suggested' and 'recommended' dependencies, which are variations on
6 > post dependencies. Suggested dependencies are displayed (along with a
7 > description explaining what they do for the packages suggesting them)
8 > but not taken by default, and recommended dependencies are taken (but
9 > shown as just being recommended) unless the user says not to.
10
11 Seems to me like just another configuration file for user to cope with.
12
13 We can achieve the same results with the special USE Peter suggested and
14 USE defaults, using the same configuration mechanism as usual.
15 --
16 Best regards,
17 Michał Górny