From: Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] sys-meta/* to own and control /bin/{cpio,sh,tar,...} symlinks (alternatives-ish)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:37:00
1 On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 10:49:20AM -0500, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
2 > Not sure for a better name though, alternatives/tar? Haven't really
3 > thought about it, but technically no need for a prefix- like virtual.
4
5 For something shorter, select/tar maybe. Or select-meta if want
6 to keep a more common - style.
7
8 app-meta could also get awkward if we do this with libraries.
9
10 Kind of like the idea of having something to describe what users
11 should expect from this (select/alt). But if we want a general
12 purpose meta category that could be used for about anything like
13 virtual but without PMS restrictions, then that doesn't really work
14 (could even go ahead and call it 'meta').
17 ionen