From: purslow@×××××××××.ca
To: omestre <omestre@×××××××××.org>
Cc: Gentoo Devt <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] access violation
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:56:35
1 040622 omestre wrote:
2 > I need a software that is not in gentoo yet. The wwwcount-2.5
3 > http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/Count/src/wwwcount2.5/
4 > I'm having a install problem with this package: ACCESS VIOLATION!
5
6 presumably, he hasn't set the correct permissions on that directory.
7 however, you should be able to download the program from
8
9 http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/Count/Count_download.html
10
11 get the tar.gz version, use 'tar xzvf <filename>' to unpack it,
12 look for a README &/or INSTALLATION, read them carefully,
13 then follow the instructions.
14
15 you can install non-Gentoo programs in a Gentoo system without problems:
16 it's best to put them in /usr/local . obviously, you don't use Emerge.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list