From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A heretical thought? Blessing project sunrise as an almost-fork.
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:27:44
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:01:04 +0200
3 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> This new terminology plain sucks. If you are sticking games into
6 >> <herd> in metadata.xml, you are just confusing me and other people
7 >> who are assigning bugs.
8 >
9 > It's not new. If it confuses you, perhaps you should learn the
10 > terminology used in metadata before you try to assign bugs based upon
11 > it.
12
13 Sure... so, perhaps you have some suggestion how I can read assign bugs
14 otherwise than using the metadata.xml; perhaps I could learn to read
15 minds of the developers who dump irrelevant stuff into metadata.xml and
16 expect someone to know what they meant.
17
18 Meanwhile, I can just tell you that quite a bunch of people will
19 actually get pretty angry once you start to apply this new on not-so-new
20 terminology on stuff placed under their herd/project/whatever and will
21 be dumping stuff on them... Like, perl, apache or php for starters.
22 Because, they will get the bugs assigned, and they won't like it. And,
23 we yet lack another method of assigning bugs other than using
24 metadata.xml for this.
28 Best regards,
29
30 Jakub Moc
31 mailto:jakub@g.o
32 GPG signature:
33 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
34 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
35
36 ... still no signature ;)