From: Jeremiah Mahler <jmahler@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:23:46
1 On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:15:42AM +0000, Alti Vec wrote:
2 >
3 > This loooked like it would've been an interesting linux to install and use
4 >
5 > I was proven wrong, its way more convoluted and difficult than slackware
6 > and debian were on my system.
7 >
8 > Does gentoo ever expect their linux to become "popular" or just another
9 > choice in the pile?
12 > _________________________________________________________________
13 > Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com
16 Projects that are trying to be popular:
17
18 Java
19 RedHat
20 SuSe
21 anything Microsoft
22
23 Projects that couldn't care less if they were popular:
24
25 Gentoo
26 Perl
27 Clisp
28 Python
29 Debian
30
31 I don't know why, but I tend to be attracted to projects that are not
32 trying to be popular.
35 Jeremiah Mahler
36 <jmahler@×××××××.net>