From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New category: net-voip
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:59:25
1 Hi,
2
3 the herd of voip packages is constantly growing and according to
4 "herdstat -p voip" we already have 60 packages in the voip herd. Those are
5 currently in the categories net-misc, net-im, net-libs, dev-libs and
6 media-libs. Most of them would fit perfectly into a new net-voip category.
7 Those are enough packages to allow the creation of a new category.
8
9 More important than the current packages I think it is to put new packages
10 into the more precise net-voip instead of net-misc/net-im. For example some
11 packages in my overlay [1] maintained by the fellow gentoo users peper and
12 fuoco. Also there is a lot of stuff waiting in stkn's private voip overlay
13
14 The 47 voip packages in net-misc and net-im should be moved over to the new
15 category definitely, you can get the list with:
16 herdstat -p voip | grep -e net-im -e net-misc
17 >From the others I think dev-libs/ilbc-rfc3951 should be moved, too.
18
19 Any objections, problems with the plan, comments?
22 [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/dev/genstef/net-im
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list