From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Troubleshooters for Gentoo
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:32:47
1 > I have a couple of questions:
2 >
3 > 1) Does this sound like a good idea?
4 >
5 > 2) Does anyone feel like pouring his/her troubleshooting skills into
6 > content for my program?
7 1.) maybe microsofts troubleshooter sucks, it never solved a single problem I
8 had. this will only be a good Idea if we're guaranteed to do better. on
9 gentoo this would be harder than say red hat. because of almost infinite
10 combinations of ways to have your software built.
11
12 2.) maybe... but I think you'll need someone before me. this is too unreliable
13 too many variables / ways of doing things. first question do you use command
14 line / gnome / kde /. answer use program x in this way to solver your
15 problem.
16
17 user huh. I don't have this program wtf. program x is not installed. checks
18 portage. program x was hardmasked last week. this would be insane open source
19 moves to fast good luck having your troubleshooter keep up.