From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Sylvain Alain <d2racing911@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:44:10
1 Il 12/08/2012 09:44, Michał Górny ha scritto:
2 > On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 01:29:43 +0200
3 > "vivo75@×××××.com"<vivo75@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> 2. I saw on some lists that Gnome/Kde and Xfce plan to use some
6 >>> SystemD API, so does it means that we will need to install SystemD
7 >>> aside of OpenRC ?
8 >> It's not possible at the moment. systemd break non-systemd setups.
9 > Elaborate.
10 >
11 > I do my best to make it possible to be able to do at least minimal
12 > OpenRC boot when systemd is used (for fallback). Even during the time
13 > of 'systemd providing udev' systemd depended on udev-init-scripts
14 > to ensure that openrc was able to boot.
15 >
16 enable systemd USE flag, start with openrc.
17 Pulseaudio will break, I suspect automount will break too, worried the
18 list will grow.