From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pending dooooooom of use.defaults
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:20:49
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > as one of the new sane features of the next portage-2.1_pre release, we're
3 > looking to cut out use.defaults support
4 >
5 > existing stable users wont be affected as the 2.0.x versions will continue to
6 > carry support for this, but some of you stable users may notice some USE
7 > flags suddenly "disappearing"
8 >
9 > to recap, use.defaults inserts USE flags for you based upon what packages you
10 > have installed when you havent declared a preference. for example, if you
11 > have neither '-cups' or 'cups' in your USE (either in your make.conf,
12 > profile, env, whatever), but you do have the net-print/cups package
13 > installed, portage will add 'cups' to your USE
14
15 Can I just ask, since when is this "feature" on? I have never run into it...
16
17 Or is it because I always had:
18 USE="-* ${MY_USE}"
19 in /etc/make.conf?
20 Is "-*" counted as preference? I thought that is ignoring just the ones in
21 the profile ("just" is plain wrong, as I didn't even feel there were other
22 useflags :-)
23
24 Kalin
28 +-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+