From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: auto-detection of unpack dependencies
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:23:12
1 \On 20:10 Tue 15 Jul , Patrick Börjesson wrote:
2 > On 2008-07-15 21:40, Tiziano Müller uttered these thoughts:
3 > > Yes. I think that's something which should be done manually.
4 >
5 > Indeed, the correct solution would be to state the deps manually in each
6 > ebuild that requires the dep. But in this case it would mean adjusting
7 > the DEPEND string of pretty much the entire tree. Until such measures
8 > are stated required, this would be a good middle ground, no?
9
10 Could someone explain why manually doing work is better than
11 automatically detecting the deps? This sounds like an argument against
12 automation, and I'm not following it.
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17
18 Donnie Berkholz