From: Cory Visi <merlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] development-sources are not 'development'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:35:32
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:33:49PM -0400, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > if we must keep the 2.6 kernels seperate, i suggest that we at least
3 > change the name of the package. it's incredibly confusing to have your
4 > stable kernel named 'development-sources' or 'gentoo-dev-sources', and
5 > there are archs like amd64 that just dont support 2.4 in any way. plus
6 > with the new change in kernel development, mm-sources has become the
7 > official development tree.
8 >
9 > does anyone object to renaming development-sources to linux26-sources?
10 > perhaps a similar name change for gentoo-dev-sources and
11 > hardened-dev-sources?
12
13 I object to version numbers in the package name. I wasn't around for
14 linux26-headers, so I won't dig up that discussion, but I object to this.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Cory
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list