From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:49:50
1 Haas Wernfried wrote:
2 [...]
3 > Now would be a great time for everyone to read it and give us some
4 > feedback.
5
6 I'll repeat myself, but I think that if you don't require current
7 moderators to pass the staffing quiz, you're against the point of
8 "Moderator as an authority".
9
10 There are several possible solutions:
11 a) Require all the existing moderators to do the quiz in some time
12 (months?). Please don't say that it is hard, I've done it myself ;-).
13 b) Introduce another "moderator degree" called "Unofficial Moderator".
14
15 I think that b) is stupid, so I vote for a). Having two degress would
16 only cause confusion, IMHO. I beleive that moderators can find some time
17 for them to pass that quiz.
18
19 -jkt
23 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth